Ready in: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 people, 6 small (3.5”) pancakes
- ⅓ c (50g) Chiamigos Cinnamon Almond Coconut
- ¼ c (35g) brown rice flour*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- ½ c (115g) plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil**
- Coconut oil to fry
*sub rice flour with quinoa, almond, sorghum, or oat flour.
**sub olive oil with melted coconut oil, vegan butter or vegetable oil
Mix dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Combine Chiamigos, brown rice flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest.
Mix wet ingredients into dry. Add plant-based milk and 1 tbsp of oil into the dry mix. Stir gently until just combined. There will be some lumps in the batter, that is okay.
Let the batter sit for 2-3 minutes. In the meantime, warm up a non-stick skillet to medium-low heat.
- Scoop out around ¼ cup of batter into a lightly oiled pan. Flip pancake when some bubbles appear on the surface and the edges are browned. Cook for another 3-5 mins on the other side.
- Top with local maple syrup and your favourite fruits or jams. Enjoy!
Make a fast berry topping: put frozen berries in a bowl and microwave for 30 sec intervals until you have a runny texture.
No lemons? Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract for extra flavouring.